This morning I was alerted to a situation that occurred last night in the small hours of this morning.
Apparently one of our residents watched in horror as 3 of the large wheely bins in our laneway exploded in front of her apartment causing flames to reach our level 2 and cause huge plumes of smoke to continue to rise for hours later. The intensity of the smoke caused several of our residents to be quite sick – I have an elderly lady on floor 1 who is 85, an asthmatic and has just recently had a heart attack who was particularly ill.
The Bins are totally finished as you can see – they were moulten and will also have to be replaced at the cost of Movida/Nanados who kindly allow the other commercials in the laneway to use their bin service. It will take more than the normal cleaning service to clean up after this mess, the bins were actually stuck together last night after the explosions and the Fire dept had to pull them apart leaving rubbish on the ground that is an OH & S issue.