Paint UP – Round Two
After the success of Hosier Inc’s PaintUP! Round One, featuring the stunning portrait of a local aboriginal boy on the side of MacDonald House, Hosier Inc is proud to announce a call for expressions of interest for Paint UP Round Two. Download PDF
You are invited to submit a concept for a large-scale image to be painted in the Hosier and Rutledge Lane precinct as part of the 2nd round of the PaintUP! initiative.
- The successful proposal will demonstrate a rationale and a design that demonstrates an affinity with the location of the wall and building.
- The proposal may include some or all of the available walls on the Youth Projects facade.
- Hosier Inc will grant $6,000 to the successful artist to supplement project costs.
- The artist will be responsible for the costs associated with the organization, management and execution of the project, with advice and support from Hosier Inc. (Public liability by HI!)
All eligible submissions will be considered. Selection of successful applicant will be made subject to the artist’s availability to complete the painting by end 2014.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to provide the
- Proposal of concept along with sketches/montage of the
- Links to your previous work, show examples of the style you
Please send through your final proposals to
firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business
Friday 3rd October 2014.
There can be no offensive or religious material, no sexually
All members of Hosier Inc will invited to participate in the
selection process, which will also include input from Youth
Projects and the City of Melbourne.
This event may be used as an opportunity to promote Youth
Projects. The chosen artist should therefore be aware that they
may be required to participate in these media and PR
opportunities. Any conflict caused by strong affiliation with
another charity should be carefully considered before applying
for Paint UP Round Two. For information regarding Youth
Projects go to http://www.youthprojects.org.au